Home > Business Finance
Business Finance in South Yorkshire
SYIF provided seedcorn finance, loans and equity linked investments ranging from £15k - £2.5m to small and medium sized businesses (SMEs*).
Businesses needed to be located in, or planning to relocate to, South Yorkshire (Barnsley, Doncaster, Rotherham and Sheffield).
SYIF's finance packages helped businesses fill the gaps in funding they need for development or acquisition, where conventional sources of finance are insufficient or unavailable.
SYIF's aim was to finance ambitious entrepreneurs and businesses who can demonstrate their ability to successfully grow their businesses.
Finance Yorkshire has now taken responsibilty for providing gap finance in Yorkshire and the Humber and can provide seedcorn, loan and equity linked investments ranging from £15k - £2million.
Who Could we Help?
- SMEs* (small and medium sized businesses) paying business rates in South Yorkshire or those wishing to relocate, with a funding gap.
- See our case studies for information about some of the businesses we've invested in.
- £50k to £500k
- Early stage Proof of Concept and Commercialisation
- Technology and Knowledge based businesses
- More information about Seedcorn Finance...
- £15k to £150k
- Typically unsecured
- Sliding scale of interest rebates depending on stage of business
- More information about Business Loans...
- £100k to £2.5m
- Minority equity stakes sought
- Competitive interest rates charged on loans with equity options
- More information about Equity Linked Investments...
An integral part of the way SYIF helped businesses was through Mentorbank which provided mentoring and support to help management teams grow their businesses.
If you have any questions or wish to talk to someone about making an application please phone 0845 649 0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
*SME (Small or Medium-sized Enterprise) is a business employing less than 250 employees, with an annual turnover of less than 50m Euros (approx. £36m) or balance sheet net assets of less than 43m Euros (approx. £31m). The business cannot be part of a larger group employing more then 250 employees where the group owns at least a 25% share of the business.